Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Angel Delivery


Last Saturday morning I was once again scurrying around trying to get Gabe dressed & gather things, to get out the door to visit my mom. My dad had worked for Boeing for many years & they were going to accept his notebooks for their archives, so I needed to drop them off at my sisters house. I grabbed a big box from the shed & carried it out to the car to put in the trunk & told Gabe to hurry up! (Note: That's an oxymoron if there ever was one, but also another story.) 

I put the car in gear & proceeded to try to back up, thinking, why is this damn car not moving? ...... ahhhh great, something is wrong with it & I'm not going to be able to go! So I floored it again of course, right over the top of the box still sitting behind the car. You know that moment when it all comes together in your head & you sit there for a few moments, waiting before surveying the damage? 

I slowly got out & walked around the back of the car & there, sure enough, splayed all over the ground was the broken box, notebooks everywhere, but also, WOW......... there was a number of mementos of dad's under the notebooks, which were not meant to go to Boeing! Hmmm, that's interesting, I thought, as I gathered up everything to throw in the trunk. I was still in a hurry to get to the ferry, so I picked up the crumbled remains of the box & threw it off to the side. Just then I noticed a little tiny slip of paper or something fluttering to the ground. 


A few days before I had written to my dear Etsy friend Donna asking about spiritual connections & signs. I wanted a sign from my dad...... I wanted to feel more connected to my spiritual self & consequently to him.

"So Diane, she wrote, relax, take a deep breath, and ask your angels to give you your own apparition. Tell them you are ready and you need it and you will get it. I know we have angels but b/c we have free will we have to ask for things."

2 comments:

  1. What a great story!!! Well, I told you.......keep asking!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Design Blogs, Such a great list. Thanks for sharing all these blogs all are very useful to every one.
    Car Bazaar in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete